Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Yesterday:
 God showed up in a cool way.  I had a deep sidewall flat early in the morning.  I knew I could've riden on it all day, so I mentioned that I had to find a bike shop.  A stranger pumping gas overheard me and said, "Hey, I know the guy-let me give him a call."  We arranged to meet at the shop, but when I got there it was all locked up, since the shop didn't open until 10' and it was just after 8.  I knocked, and the guy inside opened the door. "Good thing you caught me, I'm normally not here this early."
He got me fixed up, and as I headed back on the course, there was a sign that said, "Do not trust in yourself.  Trust in God."

Today:
This comes from the Mohave Desert.
Impressions?
Hot.  Very hot.
There's the frequent smell of mesquite.  Beautiful rock formations.  Lonely and quiet roads.  We went a good twenty miles without seeing a house, store, fence or any sign of people, other than the road (and litter).
I was surprised at how easy it was to feel isolated.  When I'd look back and see no one and see no one in front, you feel like the only one out there.  And that's a bit discouraging.  Maybe that's why Moses and Elijah felt solitary discouragement as well.
But God is good.  There has always been someone to arrive in the moment of my feeling alone.  And each one was an answer to a spoken or unspoken prayer.

Keep us in your prayers.
Three more days in the desert.
(At least we aren't here for forty years.)

1 comment:

  1. Still praying! Hope you will see God in the desert in a way you have never seen Him before. And that you will not feel alone.

    ReplyDelete