Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sunday afternoon.  Haven't been on my bike for three days now.
But I've noticed something this morning.  I feel so much more calm and patient.  I had a tent pole break in a wind gust yesterday.  Just a short pole holding the rain canopy up.  Someone else saw it and was concerned.  My reaction?  "Whatever."
It's not that I liked it broken, it's just that it didn't frustrate me at all.
A number of bike or tent issues happened also.  That's ok.
Each time I had to redirect my attention to something else.
I think part of this is because I can't ask anyone else to fix my concerns.  It's humbling and invigorating to be 100% responsible to solve your own problems.
But God plays a role in this too.  He works best in our adversity.
I am so thankful that God takes circumstances and uses them to develop our character.  He uses hardship and challenge to make us stronger, even if He doesn't lessen the hardship.
He uses all things to work together for our good.

No comments:

Post a Comment