Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Needs and wants

I knew that being part is Sea to Sea would teach me about needs.  I kind of thought it would take longer.
My life's possessions consist of bike gear, a tent bag, and two clothes baskets for clothes, etc.  That's  all we get.  Yet it feels like I have too much stuff.  I took too many shirts and overpacked some other things as well.  Every night I have to carry my "world" to a site and every morning carry it all back to the truck.  And I feel like I'm carrying too much.
I'm surprised I'm feeling this way so soon.  My needs have become very simple:  enough water, meals, and a dry place to sleep.  Oh, and a well running bike.
I've become content with so little.
When I come home, why do I need so much?

And how long will it take for me to get used to all my stuff again whe I get home?

No comments:

Post a Comment