Saturday, July 20, 2013

Wind and rain

Those two words defined the past week.
We had rain on Monday, Friday, and Saturday.
We had wind every single day.
Monday was rainy for the first forty miles, with a stiff crosswind.  As we left Colorado Springs, we never saw the mountains again.  We could also tell we were out of the more bike-friendly areas, as eastern Colorado is not as considerate.
Tuesday was clear, warm, with a stiff breeze across the Plains.  Anything under 25 is considered a breeze.
Wednesday and Thursday were days of wind and warm temps.  However, the terrain was marked by little more than grain elevators and miles of prairie and farms.
Friday and Saturday were Kansas and Nebraska, with rolling hills and sudden downpours.
But we're safely into Fairbury in Nebraska for the weekend.
We're grateful for tired but healthy bodies.
And I'm appreciating that God's Spirit is a wind that can push me, pull me, nudge me, and even push against me.
I'm limited on my wifi time, so this will have to do.
Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment